Why you won't find me on MeWe



Since Google announced the coming closure of Google+ to consumers enthusiastic users of the service have been looking for a new social home. Many have signalled their intention to settled on using MeWe after the Google+ kill switch is thrown on April 2nd.

I will NOT be using MeWe and my primary reason is best illustrated with a screenshot of a user profile.

If a user, in this case Derek Ross, has no public profile, or publicly visible content the network is a bubble, the content of which is invisible from the outside.

You cannot reach people whom you are not directly or indirectly connected with.

People you are not connected with is most people. So I won't be using MeWe.

Comments

  1. The point of MeWe is being able to control who can read your info. It's not for finding strangers to join your knitting group. Or selling shit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine if a user is not interested in posting public, but as I indicated I am.

      Public posting is supposed to be coming toe MeWe at some point in the future, at which point I will take another look.

      Delete
    2. MeWe now has public posts. One can choose to share to Contacts, Close Contacts, or Publicly.

      Delete
  2. Nobody cares, man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts