More than One-to-many

One-to-many communication - was every marketers dream

In the early days of social media one-to-many communication was a promise that, albeit briefly, seemed attainable, real. The wild west rush to create branded Facebook pages happened because page posts could be seen by many. Now marketers have mostly accepted one-to-many as a paid option: Ads.

The alternative to paying is to work hard to create value for your intended audience. It's that value which builds a following.

More-than-one ...

I work hard. I try to add value, but I also believe that others could add value. More-than-one (to many) is an idea I regularly come back to, even though to date I've had very limited success implementing the concept. 

Telegram is my current favourite platform for trying to implement more-than-one to-many communication: it offers the level of permissions needed when giving others access to add their voice to a channel.

Here, as an example, are permissions which publishers to the London Photos channel receive.


Admins I'm adding can post, and invite others to follow.

I don't know Mahe, we've never met. But he asked: so I talked him through my hopes for the channel and gave him publisher access. He hasn't yet posted, but he can. 

If I can persuade other London Photographers to join as publishers I believe it would bring diversity and a great deal more value to the London Photos channel.

Of my Telegram channels most of them were conceived as multi-admin channels.

I hope to be able to get others publishing to Inside Ford, before I finish working with Ford Europe.

I've done all I can. 

Comments

Popular Posts