Where now? - Share with friends


This article is part of my WhereToNow series, dealing with specific things I have enjoyed in my time using Google's axed social network.

Share with "friends" ...

Here is screenshot of a post I shared privately today viewable by people I consider to be my friends.


Here is a link to the post itself.
Note, the link will show a 403 error (unless you are my friend).

Where can I do the same thing after Google kills GooglePlus?

You might think that's a daft question: it's not. My "friends" are simply a group of people I have defined. They are not people I have sent a "friend request" to; nor are they people who have sent me one.

It might help to stop using the word "friend" altogether. I could have asked the same question about any grouping of people I choose to define: people I work with, people I met at a conference etc etc. 

For clarity: people placed in these defined bundles need not have anything in common. 
  • They need NOT have a relationship with me or with each other.
  • They may or may NOT be a contact of mine.
  • They need NOT know each other at all.
  • Etc ...
The only thing they have in common is they have all been grouped into a list defined by me and as a result they can all see any post I share with that list, where people not on that list cannot.

Where now on the web can you share posts privately, with groups of people you define?

Comments

Popular Posts